How long does it take to get a dna test back?

my friend is having problems with his ex girlfriend, who was a drug addict and she is a stripper and cheated on him possibly a bunch of times.
Well 2 MONTHS AGO! he took a dna test to see if the little girl was his, and now 2 months later, she is saying she still has not got the results...is she lying? or is she scared of something? i read it should only take 5-7 days...has anyone ever had it go longer then that? any info would be wonderful!

also is there any legal action he could take to get the results?

btw HE wanted the DNA test but SHE ordered it

ScubasMommy

Asked by ScubasMommy at 8:03 PM on Oct. 14, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Dh and I had one done and it took about a week. Since this is posted in the pregnancy section I am assuming the baby has not been born yet and that might make the test take longer. I wouldn't think 2 months though! That sounds kind of suspicious. Does he know for sure the test was performed? I would definitely follow up on that directly with whoever drew the test myself if I were him. I don't think he will have trouble getting the results since he was part of the test but then again I am not positive.
    katie23

Answer by katie23 at 8:16 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• A lot depends on if it was a blood draw or a cheek swab or hair root. A cheek swab can be back in as little as 48 hrs. Most labs are 3-5 days. It can take 1-2 weeks longer if the test is court ordered and chain of custody of samples has to be meticulously documented. At two months..either she didn't have the test done...or it came back with a result she didn't like. I called my brother in law who works in a forensics lab he saids even toxicology tests from an autopsy are back in 8 weeks usually.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:21 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• it dependson the lab. he could always get one himself and have the results sent to him. i would just pay the 100 bucks and get the at home deal and you get the results back from that usually 10 days or so.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:28 PM on Oct. 14, 2010