ok so i live with my in-laws for now but my mil is driving me crazy trying to tell me how i should raise my two kids and even when i ask her to stop she wont any advice

luckygurl17

Asked by luckygurl17 at 8:04 PM on Oct. 14, 2010 in General Parenting

• I think that's just kinda the price you pay when you live with family. When I lived with my parents my dad was the same way- he meant well but I just wanted him to shut up!!!
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 8:06 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• It won't stop until you and DH are out on your own.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 8:11 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• I agree. Until you guys are out on your own. DH and I moved out because I couldnĀ“t take it. We were trying to save money to buy a house cash, but I just could NOT take it. My MIL (though I know she meant well) was waayyy too involved in our lives... Sorry to say, but the only way to solve this is to move out. GL. Remember that Patience is a Virtue, that helped me get through it.!
    Luisa621

Answer by Luisa621 at 8:13 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Hurry and move out. She probably feels like she is the queen bee of her abode and that she is the only one who knows how to raise kids.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 8:25 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Good luck, we lived with my in-laws when we were first married. 14 years later my MIL still thinks she is the only person who knows anything about raising kids!
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 8:29 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Unfortunately, the others are probably right....if you cannot move out, take the kids and get out as much as possible.....local parks, etc....just to get a break from it....one of the best ways of handling some stuff is to listen to her and then just do what you want.....it's tough, but it can be worked out to a certain extent.....relationships are messy even when you love each other....
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 8:46 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• i thank that is somethign that gos along with liveing there alwasy in yr beeswax i hope it gets better
    regian19832002

Answer by regian19832002 at 9:41 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• I know it can be tough but if you have nowhere else to go then be grateful she let you guys stay.. You don't have to listen to her advice you know just say ya whatever ya and just don't sound like you're interested in her opinion and do your own thing pretty soon she'll get sick of it and the focus will be removed from you..But you have to respect her and show her ur greatful or next time she won't be so eager to help when you really need it and when the day comes and you need her again and you're rude to her she won't want to help you guys.
    chica679

Answer by chica679 at 10:17 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• You didn't say how old your kids are. But if I were you, I would get out as soon as possible. Kids don't need to live on two sets of rules in their home. They will get too confused. I've been there and if I knew what I know now, I wouldn't have been in that situation in the first place.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 1:00 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Say thanks Grandma I appreciate your input. She raised one guy right and you married him. So try to appreciate where she is coming from.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 9:54 AM on Oct. 15, 2010