Night time feeding

I am weaning my 13 month old. I go about 13 hours and then feed him before bed at 7 or 7:30 PM. He usually will sleep 8 or 9 hours and get up. If he gets up before 5 am I try to quickly feed him and put him back in his crib. If he gets up around 5 I put him in the bed with me. The only problem is when he is the bed with me he will scream until I feed him. Once on he sucks for the entire hour or hour and a half until the alarm goes off. What can I do to remedy this? Is there anyway to get him to sleep until 6 am or longer? Or any suggestions?

Thanks!

maggiebella25

Asked by maggiebella25 at 8:39 PM on Oct. 14, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If you can, try feeding him and doing the "switch" to a pacifier quickly while he is asleep (during the hour you say he nurses). My ds was easy and you could switch to passy easily. My dd refuses to take a pacifier at all so she tends to nurse FOREVER. It is frustrating. When I've just had enough and usually it's after a certain time, I just take the breast away from her and go to burping/rocking. If she absolutely breaks down and cries, I switch to the other breast and nurse for just five min longer and then take it away again. Usually after this she goes right to sleep. It's like she realizes I'm there for her and accepts that its being taken away. Stay blessed! :)
    carol2m2

Answer by carol2m2 at 9:44 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I wouldnt nurse him for that long of a period at one time because he would be using your breast as a way to fall asleep and you will get sore. After you feed him at 5 or whatever time he wakes up I would lay him back down, maybe you could play music for him to go back to sleep. Hope this helps.
    melissac9903

Answer by melissac9903 at 8:53 PM on Oct. 14, 2010