early period and clots adult content

I'm not suppose to have my period for a week. Last month it came on time but it was really light and lasted 3 days. A few days ago I had pink discharge. Just a little and just once when I wiped. Then it went to a brown liquid and now its dark red clots. I'm also having crampingand back pain. What could this be??

LukesMommy912

Asked by LukesMommy912 at 8:49 PM on Oct. 14, 2010 in Health

• It could be many things.Do you take birth control?If not you might be pregnant.I had a very light period like you described before I found out I was pregnant.I also had endometriosis and that caused me to have light periods and some pain.I had a hysterectomy to get rid of mine.I would go see a gynecologist and have it checked out.
    alisha34886

Answer by alisha34886 at 8:58 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• i would just say you're having a heavier period this time because you had such a light one before. the brown liquid was old blood btw, and red is the fresh blood.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:05 PM on Oct. 14, 2010