What is on the Ballot?

How can I find out the list of things that will be on the ballot? I want to know what all I will have the opportunity to vote for.

firstimemom4049

Asked by firstimemom4049 at 7:16 PM on Oct. 27, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• Try your state's website. It will be in this form.... www.ca.gov (that's california's site, use your state's abbreviation instead of ca). From there, you should be able to quicly find voter guide information.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 7:19 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• Obviously your choice of president. Judges in your area. All of the ammendments that are out. And something else I forget lol:( sorry:(
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 7:20 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• Did they not send you a practice ballot? I was sent a practice ballot, so that I know exactly what I will be voting for, and how the ballot will look before I get to the polling place. It helped a lot, because I was able to do some research on the different proposition, and judges, and such that aren't in the mainstream media.
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 7:43 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• www.ballotpedia.org

I just stumbled on it when we were researching too. I don't know how reliable it is, so I apologize if it isn't the best resource, but it correctly identified everything on our ballot and explained the measures we were voting for. The candidates you have to research yourself, but they all have official websites and things now to do that.
    MammaMiaMA

Answer by MammaMiaMA at 9:03 PM on Oct. 27, 2008