hcg levels at 3 weeks

i know its hard to know much until tomorrow am with my next set comes back. but my lmp was sept 2oth shoulda started... october 12th had my ultra it showed gestational sac at 3 weeks ment my hcg was 8000... the nurse says thats high. could it be multiples? or am i ok with it at 8000?

mememecassie

Asked by mememecassie at 10:01 PM on Oct. 14, 2010 in Pregnancy

• The levels can be pretty variable. You'll have to have a comparison from that base line and also another ultrasound.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 10:05 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• That is very high for 3wks, but if you go off of you LMP you would be about 6 wks. Did they u/s your fallopian tubes? A tubal pregnancy often produces a "psudo-sac" in the uterus that never develops a baby and high Hcg numbers.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 10:07 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• they ultra sounded everything just gestational sac. but to they days i had intercourse and believe i ovulated that would be right on time.
    mememecassie

Comment by mememecassie (original poster) at 10:10 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Mine were really high at 3 weeks and 4 weeks and my dr said there is a cance of multiples with those levels but I haven't had an ultrasound yet so I'm not sure. But there are other reasons hcg levels can be high like a tubal pregnancy or molar pregnancy.
    SkylaDarling

Answer by SkylaDarling at 12:01 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I had high hCG like that at 4 weeks and thought it might be twins but it ended up being ectopic in an unknown location, probably somewhere on my bowel.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:01 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• my gestational sac is in normal location, and measuring good, no tubal or anything like that....
    mememecassie

Comment by mememecassie (original poster) at 10:04 AM on Oct. 15, 2010