I know it's early, but what is your favorite Christmas tradition?

This is our first Christmas at this house and we are looking to start something new. Any ideas?

scout_mom

Asked by scout_mom at 10:16 PM on Oct. 14, 2010 in Holidays

• Going to a "Living Nativity" on Christmas Eve. The absolute best. Give it a try, I promise you won't be disappointed. Whether you are religious or not, it is great! Try it.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 10:18 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• I have way too many to name! Christmas Eve candle light and christmas carol service at our church, driving through town just to look at Christmas lights, decorating the tree as a family, certain family recipes that we make together, and we get together on Christmas Eve with family and friends just to hang out and we put out deli trays with all sorts of stuff plus the goodies we baked.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 10:22 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• we start baking in two weeks. i go and give neighbors bundles ofthe cookies we made. we always seem to have more than enough. lol
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 11:10 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Christmas music! It's my favorite!
    kmqw229

Answer by kmqw229 at 11:43 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Decorating with Christmas carols. Figuring out how to decorate your new house together should be tons of fun! :)
    WomanWitty

Answer by WomanWitty at 12:12 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Going on the sleigh rides that the local town here does for charity. And the festival we go to in another small town.
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 12:47 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• We always go out as a family and pick out a tree, Cut in down ourselves. We decorate it together. Both my husband and I make our favorite cookies for the holidays. I also make grave blankets and/or wreaths for the deceased relatives and place them on the graves. I also have to watch the How the Grinch stole Christmas at least once. Both the cartoon version as well as the one with Jim Carrey. I also read the Night before Christmas on that special night to my kids.
    softballmom19

Answer by softballmom19 at 8:34 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Roasting chestnuts on the fire. They are delicious!
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:54 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• lol it may sound silly .. we open 1 prezzie on xmas eve
    san78

Answer by san78 at 1:48 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• just a tiny one tho
    san78

Answer by san78 at 1:49 PM on Oct. 15, 2010