OCTOBER 15 REMEMBER OUR LOST BABIES...

Did you know that Oct 15 is National Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day? Many people aren't aware that this day has been designated a national day of remembrance for miscarriage, stillbirth, and infant loss.The resolution to declare Oct 15 a remembrance day passed the United States House of Representatives on September 28, 2006. It was the result of tireless efforts by a group of miscarriage awareness activists led by Robyn Bear, who had six first-trimester miscarriages in the span of 1997 through 1999 before ultimately receiving a diagnosis of balanced translocation. In honor of Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day, Bear suggests on her website that grieving parents light a candle at 7 p.m. in their respective time zones to create a wave of light around the world in memory of babies lost to pregnancy and infant loss.

iNk-FrEaK

Asked by iNk-FrEaK at 10:35 PM on Oct. 14, 2010 in Holidays

• In addition to October 15 begin declared a remembrance day, October is also National Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Month, thus making it an excellent time to reflect on your feelings, to do a little something to remember your baby, or to get involved in an pregnancy loss awareness or advocacy event, such as one of the many Walks to Remember around the nation, which raise money for nonprofit organizations or support research into preventing miscarriage and stillbirth. These events tend to occur on weekends throughout the month of October.

iNk-FrEaK

Comment by iNk-FrEaK (original poster) at 10:35 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSYvT-Qv_5w
    iNk-FrEaK

Comment by iNk-FrEaK (original poster) at 10:37 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• We will be lighting candles in memory of our son Gavin, who was stillborn at 21 weeks and also 2 other babies that we lost through miscarriage in the 2 years after that.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 10:47 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Erin814, I am so very sorry for your lost. I had a stillbirth at 22 weeks, and still can't even talk about that little girl. We haven't even been able to name her. I hope you get through your loss better than I have.
    WomanWitty

Answer by WomanWitty at 12:08 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• WomanWitty: It takes time. Our son was stillborn in 2007 and then I had miscarriages in 2008 and 2009. I am now pregnant with a very healthy little girl whom should be arriving any day now! =) I wish you peace!
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 12:13 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I am sorry for your losses...words cant even describe the pain of losing a child at any point in life...Tomorrow we too will be lighting a candle...No greater pain then the pain of a family for a child...We shall remember and always take in our hearts till the day we are united together forever...

group hug

iNk-FrEaK

Comment by iNk-FrEaK (original poster) at 12:42 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I did not know that, and I shall refrain from telling my SIL as today is her birthday. Don't want to bring her day down. But I will remember in my own heart and mind.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:52 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• i didnt know until today .. ill keep you all in my prayers x
    san78

Answer by san78 at 1:48 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I didn't realize that was today either. I am so sorry for those of you who have lost children.
    BigfordBrat

Answer by BigfordBrat at 3:48 PM on Oct. 15, 2010