There is a serious terrorist alert that has just been issued, anyone have anymore info?

Just came over the news here, there is a serious terrorist threat in the US. It involves, Pakistani's and Al Queda. It is known they are in the country but our govt doesn't know or is not saying what the target is. Does anyone have any info on this?

SophiaofLight

Asked by SophiaofLight at 10:42 PM on Oct. 14, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I'd be pissed too. I guess it's best to err on the side of caution. But don't let them scare you.
    bubsiclesmom

Answer by bubsiclesmom at 11:11 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• http://www.dhs.gov/files/programs/Copy_of_press_release_0046.shtm

Current Threat Level

October 14, 2010

BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:48 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• The ONLY news site that had anything was Fox News. I would think it would be on ALL the news sites, not just one.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 10:49 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• I'm looking everywhere too and there's nothing except for Fox News. It seems like usual fearmongering. I've watched Fox a lot and they do interrupt programming with things like this all the time. My mother has it on all day and all night and whenever there's a Fox News Alert her ears perk up and she goes running to the TV. Unless it's on all the other channels or on other online sites, I would not get too worked up.
    bubsiclesmom

Answer by bubsiclesmom at 11:06 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• I've been googling and the only article I am seeing is that one from Fox - linked in a bunch of other sites in addition to their own. Wonder what that's all about.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:14 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• LATEST UPDATE: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/10/14/exclusive-pakistani-taliban-new-operative-inside-times-square-failure-sources/
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 10:48 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• A senior intelligence official said the threat stream's lack of specificity makes it nearly impossible for the counterterrorism community to defend against such an attack. Any possible threat, however, does not seem to be imminent, with a senior counterterrorism official saying he was "unaware" of any "imminent threats" against the U.S. homeland.

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 10:53 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• o have nothing on my news here...im lost...
    iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 10:55 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Uh folks....we are usually at the yellow level and for flights yes it is usually orange.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 10:55 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• I'm not seeing anything on any of the news sites. I'm looking though.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 11:08 PM on Oct. 14, 2010