Tubes tied- yes or no?

I am done having children, I am sure of that. I have a condition that makes me essentailly allergic to pregnancy. So I dont want to do it again..

Also, I figured I would get mine tied instead of my husband because I have insurance, not my Hubs.

What are good reasons not to? Longer/harder periods? Change of hormones? Or?

Thank you :)

stenhouse_baby

Asked by stenhouse_baby at 11:25 PM on Oct. 14, 2010 in Health

• If this is something you are considering then I would suggest you talk to your doctor, do some research and find out all the pros/cons to it and then you will know if it is something you want to do. For me, I knew I was done and did not want anymore kids. My hubs and I talked about it, and we both decided that since our last would be a c-section I would get my tubes tied at that time. That was 4 yrs ago and I have not regretted it or had any problems. I know there are others out there who have had tubals and have problems (1 friend has PTLS) and regret it.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 12:32 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• im allergic to pregnancy to. im 36weeks with dd2 and im done,tube tie cant be any worse then pregnancy
    mayo9mommy

Answer by mayo9mommy at 11:29 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• i had my tubes tied and i regret it so much...everyday of my life...if i could go back i would have never done this...

sad

iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 11:30 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• tubes tied and everything is great, wish i could have had them tied 3 kids ago...kidding.
    Babiluv80

Answer by Babiluv80 at 11:43 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• I've actually heard that getting tubes tied is worse than a c-section. I would never get it done. I'm having my hubby get snipped instead. A vasectomy is out patient, less invasive, shorter recovery time, less expensive, sometimes reversable. A tubal is a serious surgery, and sometimes doesn't work. You'll be out of work for a longer time. Once it's done there is no going back. Make sure you do a ton of research before you make up your mind. Your hormones shouldn't be affected since you will still have your ovaries. Periods shouldn't be affected either, I wouldn't think. Good luck.
    Aingls

Answer by Aingls at 11:50 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• >_< lol, I had to get a c-section.. and yes, it was hell. Because it was an emergency c-section its vertical too. A foot long scar from above my belly button all the way down. Pregnancy was hell for me lol
    stenhouse_baby

Comment by stenhouse_baby (original poster) at 11:52 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• mc after having tubes tied for 6yrs
    kina803

Answer by kina803 at 12:10 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Google PTLS (post tubal ligation syndrome). Many women suffer from it. Plus it can self reverse and you would never know. This is why I had Essure done instead, fewer risks.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 10:00 AM on Oct. 15, 2010