My DD still pee's the bed any suggestions?

She turns four Oct 30th & we are still having to use pull ups. HELP..

crystal7908

Asked by crystal7908 at 11:29 PM on Oct. 14, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I wet the bed until I was 11, my mom took me to the doctors and I had tests down and my bladder never fully developed. Not saying thats the issue, just might wanna consider that being a issue.
    MmmmMamaBear

Answer by MmmmMamaBear at 11:32 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• I know when my son had this problem he needed to have surgery because the tip of his penis was not open enough. I believe with girls it is different. I have a friend and her DD peed the bed everytime she was going to grow. I am not sure if this is what is going on, although I know some kids are heavy sleepers so they don't even know they are going. You could try waking her up in the middle of the night although is she is a heavy sleeper she won't remember and might still pee.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 11:33 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• My son turned 3 in july we have him potty trained & he would go for weeks without peeing his bed then he would go weeks in a row peeing in the bed. Not that you want to hear this(I didnt) but its normal up until age 5 to pee the bed. We ended up starting to buy pull ups again because they were cheaper than the extra load of laundry we were doing everyday! Good luck
    My_o_me_x_3

Answer by My_o_me_x_3 at 11:33 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• we didnt let our dd drink anything after 8pm, made her potty before bed, and woke her up periodically during the night.
    kina803

Answer by kina803 at 11:34 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• kina803
    We stopped all drinks after 7 & woke her up & she will still pee the bed.
    crystal7908

Comment by crystal7908 (original poster) at 11:37 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• My oldest still pees the bed and she is 9. I wet the bed until I was 13 so I am not worried about it. Believe me, we have tried and continue to try everything. When she was 4, I never thought she would be 9 and still in a pull up. My younger daughter is 5 and does not wet the bed except on rare occasions. I know this is not the advice you want to hear, but sometimes you have to wait it out and see what happens. Not all children are cookie cutter and will stop wetting the bed at a young age.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 11:41 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• As long as it's not a medical problem....Take off the pull ups and let her know what it feels like to be wet. I know it's a pain to do all of that work, but I wouldn't use a diaper/pull up (it's all the same to me). No drinks after dinner. Get up with her a couple times a night. REALLY reward her when she's dry in the morning. We have a dry bed party on the mornings that my son stays dry. Just dancing, music, a lot of "good job"'s "way to go"'s. Pretty soon she'll get the hang of it. My son just started staying dry at night and he just turned 4. All my hard work has FINALLY paid off. :) Yours will too, just be patient.
    Aingls

Answer by Aingls at 11:43 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• You can ask the pediatrician for information of where to find the new underwears with alarm. As soon as it gets wet it start the alarm that suppose to wake your kid up (or you) and take her to the bathroom. Or just used nightime pijamas until their bladders grows. There is some kids that their bladder is too small and can not hold pee for more than two or three hours. If you daughter has that condition you just have to wait until she gets bigger to have better control of her bladder. In the meantime, try to protect your bedsheets and either gets those new underwears or get some diapers and do not sweat it...it shall pass too :)
    Mamitaocupada

Answer by Mamitaocupada at 11:46 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Well she was completely potty trained with the exception of us having to wake her up in the middle of the night to pee (until) I got pregnant & we didn't use pull ups till late in my pregnancy I couldn't lift her to take her to the bathroom. We moved in all of this. She also grinds her teeth really bad while she is sleeping. - not sure why
    crystal7908

Comment by crystal7908 (original poster) at 11:46 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Oh yeah I took her to a specialist which I thought she was full of bull.. She told me it was due to chocolate to stop all chocolate so I did for 2 whole months & she told me I would see the change in just two weeks nothing happened she still peed the bed & didn't have any caffeine. They done a ultrasound of her bladder after she had peed & it showed that she didn't empty it all the way even though my daughter pushed and was done. So I dunno.
    crystal7908

Comment by crystal7908 (original poster) at 11:49 PM on Oct. 14, 2010