Is Infant Soy Formula Dangerous?

I found this info and I think it worth reading. http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2010/10/13/soy-controversy-and-health-effects.aspx. Sadly, soy formula is FAR worse than conventional formula, in large part due to its excessive levels of phytoestrogens. The estrogens in soy can irreversibly harm your baby's sexual development and reproductive health. Infants fed soy formula receive a level of estrogen equivalent to five birth control pills every day! Infants fed soy formula have up to 20,000 times the amount of estrogen in circulation as those fed conventional formulas! In addition, soy formula has up to 80 times higher manganese than is found in human breast milk, which can lead to brain damage in infants, and altered behaviors in adolescence. So please, do not ever feed your baby soy formula, and warn others who are pregnant or who you know are considering using formula over breastfeed.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:40 PM on Oct. 14, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I agree with the info and I think that all formula is pretty much sewage in a can.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 11:41 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• my youngest had to take soy and she's perfectly healthy!! i doubt her pedi would give her something to harm her..
    Anonymous

• I feel horrible now, My doctor put my daughter on SOy Formula since she was about 1 month old, so she's been on it 5 months now.....
    ZammiesMommy

Answer by ZammiesMommy at 11:45 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• One other thing about soy, it is one of the top GMO foods. Our bodies do not know what to do with anything that has been genetically modified. Out intestinal tract has to mutate in order to deal with soy....the only non GMO soy is going to be one labeled as USDA certified Organic... take this into consideration as well before offering soy to anyone in your family, especially your precious baby.
    Ella6

Answer by Ella6 at 11:47 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• My son was given Soy in 1996. I know now how bad that can be and I will never give another child Soy formula.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:50 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• ANON: Doctors do stuff all the time that isn't the safest. One doctor severely overdosed my son with antibiotics. My son now has IBS bad.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:51 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• HELLO that article is just so he can hawk his products. I don't believe anything in infomercials.

Here is an ACTUAL, VALID RESEARCH STUDY that you will find helpful:

http://www.upenn.edu/pennnews/researchatpenn/article.php?250&hlt
    Anonymous

• I hsave heard it isnt good. Too much hormones in it. Causing breasts in infants.
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 11:53 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• my son is on soy milk and he seems to be fine. my daughter was on it too and she was screened for school and she tested above average! i agree i dont think their doctor would give them something to hurt them!
    madisonandgavin

Answer by madisonandgavin at 11:56 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• What is this, some kind of debate, breast vs. formula again. Formula is just fine, and soy formula is just fine for fussy babies who have hard digestive systems. I would advise listening to your doctor and allowing them to make the judgment on health care, NOT THE INTERNET!
    gnovinger

Answer by gnovinger at 11:56 PM on Oct. 14, 2010