Doggy doo

So, my dog is 5 years old. He was potty trained years ago (like way back when he was a puppy). But for some reason within the last few weeks or so he's taken to pooping on my floor. Not sure why. He does it at night after we go to bed, and I'm wondering if it's a cry for attention or if I should just take him to the vet.

gnovinger

Asked by gnovinger at 11:43 PM on Oct. 14, 2010 in Pets

• I dont have a dog at the moment, but I would take him in to get checked out.
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 11:47 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• When are you feeding him?
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 2:00 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Has anything changed in your lives lately? Dogs can be really sensitive to that. He could also be reacting to a change in food (even the slightest) or a change in when you're feeding him. Think about what changes have gone on in your house lately before you worry too much.
    WomanWitty

Answer by WomanWitty at 8:26 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• This could be his way of telling you there is something wrong with him. I would take him to the vet and have him checked out maybe run some bloodwork. I used to pet sit a lab that actually started eating poop. It turned out she had a heart condition and once she was on medication and stabilized she stopped eating the poop.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 11:23 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• The previous posters have good ideas going. I'd go with their recommendations.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 1:14 PM on Oct. 28, 2010