what would you do?

ok first things first, i have been having trouble with the kids doctor. i told him i needed their file cuz they weren't coming back to see him. he wouldn't give them to me. we left state, the school was able to get a copy of each of the girls' records. today the younger two went to get their checkup. i found out that their old doctor hadn't been giving the girls their shots right. he skipped three shots Had that meant they each had to get five shots today! FIVE SHOTS EACH! i am steamed! i later found out that he had about ten law suits against him for malepratice. half of me is saying do it to! but the other half is like, you know he ain't gunna have anything by the time his ex and the other ten get a hold of him. heres the question: WOULD YOU BE MAD TO? OR WOULD YOU LET IT GO?

noel1978

Asked by noel1978 at 11:53 PM on Oct. 14, 2010 in Kids' Health

• No wonder he wouldn't give you the medical records. It showed that he wasn't doing his job. He probably thought you were going to sue him too. That's really up to you, what can you do about it now. What's done is done. I think I would just turn him over and let them take his license away. At least you got them at a different doctor, and that's what was really needed. You probably wouldn't have found out if you had not moved away.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:21 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Yes I would be mad and yes I would go after him. First of all, if he screwed up your childrens' shots, I would be concerned that he even gave them the right ones! That is not something you mess around with. Secondly, he cannot deny you rights to your own child's medical records. I'm sure there is a law the prohibits him from doing that.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 11:57 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• go after him, he needs to lose his license
    Sparkly3

Answer by Sparkly3 at 12:07 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• i'd be HIGHLY P***ED off!! he shouldn't do that crap and he doesnt need to be a dr any more!!
    proudmommy690

Answer by proudmommy690 at 11:55 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• t's pretty standard that the amount of shots kids kid at their visit before kindergarten is 5 shots. it's disturbing. My husband had to hold our oldest son down while he got them. Now that I know this is common I plan on making the doc do things differently
    Anonymous

• I would file a complaint just based on the fact that he refused to give you the files.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 11:59 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• i'd be super pissed off
    Paigesmommy78

Answer by Paigesmommy78 at 12:00 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• You can be upset. You should be thankful that your children did not suffer and injury from this Dr. I doubt that you can sue him for not give your children the proper shots especially since they did not suffer any illness due to his neglect.
    I would file a complaint.
    Than I would go on and be certain that this sort of thing did not occur again with the next doctor.
    Be thankful that your children are healthy and happy that you were able to obtain the shots your children needed.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 12:11 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I'd be ripping mad. He should not be practicing. File a complaint against him.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:45 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• file a complaint, but I doubt you have lawsuit material.
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 11:43 AM on Oct. 15, 2010