What Should I give my 11 month old for Christmas?

This will be my daughter's first Christmas! I wanted to give her a gift that she could anticipate every year. I thought about the holiday barbie, but my husband didn't like that idea. Which I can understand considering how expensive they are. Do you have any ideas?

MPW2005

Asked by MPW2005 at 12:00 AM on Oct. 15, 2010 in Holidays

• I love things from this catalog, and this one, and this one.

Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 12:06 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I'm not sure. For my son's first Christmas (he was 7 months) we just got him cheap toys because we knew he would either not play with them, or they would only hold his interest for a couple of months. This year, we're going with the Something You Want, Something You Need, Something to Wear, Something to Read idea. :)
    WomanWitty

Answer by WomanWitty at 12:10 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• You might want to give her a cute push toy for when she starts walking (if she isn't already). When she is a little older you might want to start a collection of special toys that she mentions she wants to collect. We are going to do that soon with our granddaughters after we discuss what they might want to have a collection of. We want it to be their choice. Have a wonderful Christmas with her no matter what you decide.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:43 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• something educational but fun
    san78

Answer by san78 at 1:47 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• a teddy bear that says the year on it.
    BigfordBrat

Answer by BigfordBrat at 3:30 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• A christmas ornament with the year on it :) My dd was 11.5 months her first christmas and that is what I got her. THough I cant find the line of ornament I started with, but every year my kids each get to pick out an ornament for the tree. WHen they grow up they will have their own collection for their own tree. And they would have picked them all(except for the ones up to age 3, where I picked)
    Another thing I do every year is get them special christmas pajamas, that they open christmas eve.
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 1:23 PM on Oct. 16, 2010