WTF???

can we not have opinions?? why "vote down" someones opinion??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:11 AM on Oct. 15, 2010 in About CafeMom

• I totally agree! An opinion is just that. it's not out there to be put down or criticized. Our opinions are what make us all different and interesting people!
    AlisonAstair

Answer by AlisonAstair at 1:09 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I vote down when someone is giving dangerous advice or when they come right out mean and forceful instead of helpful.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:22 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• So you're saying someone can't disagree with your opinion, hence the vote down, just as you vote up an opinion you like. It's not personal, calm down!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:25 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I take it more as someone disagreeing with me than a personal attack.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 12:29 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I think people vote down someone's opinion because they don't like that opinion for whatever reason. That is why CafeMom gives us that option I believe.
    Iluvautumn

Answer by Iluvautumn at 12:17 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I try not to vote down, but sometimes I feel it's warranted. I have noticed some vote downs today that seemed odd, but that's my opinion.
    twinmama2five

Answer by twinmama2five at 12:14 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Sometimes they happen by accident, too -- I've accidentally voted someone down before when I meant to vote up! It's a risk you take surfing the net late at night, bleary eyed...
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 12:16 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• CM admitted that the week after people earned the ability to downvote. They insisted that's not how they would be used, but overwhelmingly, that's exactly how they are used, so you just have to deal with it unless they finally agree to get rid of it completely.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:51 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Well most people don't agree so yeah.
    cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 10:36 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• It used to be that you lost points if you were voted down, but CM took that away. It doesn't effect a person's points. I'm sure they did this because it was being misused.

In theory, it's only supposed to be used to vote down answers that are inaccurate or rude.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 10:43 AM on Oct. 15, 2010