How can I get my daughter to sleep through the night?

My daughter is 18 months and still does not sleep through the night. It's horrible because it is making me physically sick and drained. I wake up with migrains from not sleeping and worst of all she wont stay in her crib when she wakes up in the middle of the night! She has to sleep on top of me! I love my daughter to pluto and back, but sometimes I feel like her sleeping habits are killing me. She sleeps for a couple hours, and then once she wakes up, she is up and or moves every 20 mins or so... A lot of people say let her cry it out, but she is in my room and I still stay awake. It's just easier to put her to sleep in my bed so she stops! After 18 months of this stuff... I just do what ever it takes so she stops and I can go back to sleep! During the day I am drained!! I have been suffering from everyday sever migrains for the past 4 months! Please help!! I know it sounds like POOR ME... but I just dont know what else to do

deect84

Asked by deect84 at 12:11 AM on Oct. 15, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I would just bring her into bed with you to start with. She can get the mommy touch she is craving without you having to wake up. I bet after a few nights of just co-sleeping you will both sleep better!
    onyxravnos

Answer by onyxravnos at 1:21 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Think about having a checkup for the migraines. It is not normal to have severe migraines everyday for that period of time. I have heard of using crib tents. I don't know if that might be a soultion for you.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:24 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Does she sleeps a lot during the day Maybe that's the problem. Also try co-sleeping with her for a few days to see if she gets to sleep morre.
    sweetyazfl

Answer by sweetyazfl at 11:24 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Hi, thanks all... I have been going to the Doctors for them... they cant figure it out either... She does not sleep alot during the day, but she does take a 1 hr nap.... sometimes less... I am not sur how crib tents work? What is that ?? I am going to try co sleeping tonight from the beginning... Thank you all! <3
    deect84

Comment by deect84 (original poster) at 6:16 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• we just got our little girl off the passy and now she thinks she has to bring something to bed with her every night...tell her to grab some toys or whatever that she wants to sleep with,,it may help her..also try using one of ur shirts with ur smell on it( i know this works for small babies) but it might work for the bigger ones too..
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 8:38 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Crib tents are made of see through mesh and fit over the top of the crib. It helps stop the baby from climbing out. I never used one but have heard it helped other moms. Here is a link. Sorry I don't know how to make it "clikable" so you will have to cut and paste or just Google "crib tents". Good luck with everything.

http://www.google.com/products?rlz=1T4GGLJ_enUS321US321&q=crib+tents&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=Q5m5TLz0LIWBlAeG4andDQ&sa=X&oi=product_result_group&ct=image&resnum=1&ved=0CDoQzAMwAA
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:28 AM on Oct. 16, 2010