When you were growing up, did either of your parents promise you that you would get something when you get older, but then turn around and give it to someone else? If so, how did it affect you?

amessageofhope

Asked by amessageofhope at 12:15 AM on Oct. 15, 2010 in Relationships

• My husband's grandfather promised him an old timey tool box and some combustion engine thing and later gave the tool box to another grandchild and sold th engine at their farm auction. He's still upset about it, but has never confronted his grandpa. His mom has mentioned it and His grandpa brushes it off by saying he gave him a few other things--week wacker, rusty rifle...But he promised DH the tool box. And DH is upset in many ways still. More hurt I think.
    donnareedonLSD

Answer by donnareedonLSD at 12:25 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Yea, we were suppose to inherit land from my husbands family but alas we didn't get our share. I look at it like this, we would have been misirable at that place had we been given his inheritance. I wouldn't give up all of the people we have made friends with that are like our family for all of that land. Our journey as a family really began with that shut door.....kwim...
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 12:28 AM on Oct. 15, 2010