Help me Potty Train her!

please give me tips on how to potty train my 2 year old. she keeps poping in her diaper and then taking it off in her bedroom. ugh! yuck i know! please help? i need tips mommas!

youngandafraid

Asked by youngandafraid at 12:16 AM on Oct. 15, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Actually she is a bit young to train.

Bowl movements are usually the last thing they control.

Put rubber pants on her, over her diaper (if you can even find rubber pants anymore)...or maybe a onsie and a pair of long pants on her to keep her from taking them off.
    grammamamma

Answer by grammamamma at 2:53 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• It sounds young to me too, but I do know of little girls who were trained that young. Google "readiness for potty training" and see if she has a lot of the signs. I hear the 3 day method is great and there is info online about that too. GL!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:20 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I'm trying to help in the potty training of my 2 year old granddaughter...My son was interested in potty training when he was over a year & a half old...had no problems...My granddaughter has been interested but she has good days and bad days...I ask her all the time if she needs to go potty..and with her she tends to run off and hide when she has to poo...so I get her and sit her on the big potty which she seems to like better..I have tried different things with her...the thing that works for me now is giving her a something special when she goes...something from a snack she wouldn't get other wise..to giving her a silly little present, which she gets excited about. Also I praise her after and sit at her level and thank her for being a big girl sitting on the potty for Nana..I get a big smile and hug from her after. It is something that take's time and patients..Key is keep trying.they will get it when their ready.
    Lexiloosnana

Answer by Lexiloosnana at 9:43 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Try the 3 day method!! We did it at 25 months, and it worked in a day and a half!! They book recommends 22 months, but anytime around then will work. It's worth the 3 days of not getting anything else done to never have to deal with a diaper again!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:54 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• we started befor my lil girl was 2,she is almost 2 and a hlaf now,,the 3 day thing didnt work,she is alway in panties all day,,i have to remind her to go potty,,we use a potty bell...just a bell she can ring when she has to go..she also does the poop in her pants and takes it off, but she will dump hers in the toileit though then come to me if i dont catch her in time,,lol...but u realy should try the bell thing,,we did have a door bell we put up by the bathroom but battieries died so we just got her a small bell to ring...any bell would probaly work..
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 8:36 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• It sounds to me like every child is different... My daughter was fully potty trained by her second birthday (only a month ago). She would do the same thing with the whole "poo" deal, she would take her diaper off and it would get everywhere... I did do the 3 day thing and It did work with her although it did take about a full 2 weeks to be accident free. But i dedicated alot of time taking her to the potty about 15 min after every time she had a drink... I also rewarded her with lots of praise and a sticker or something to show her what a great job she was doing going in the "big girl potty".
    xtatianax

Answer by xtatianax at 4:09 AM on Oct. 17, 2010