please help! I am not sure what it is or could be!

About a month ago my son and I were in Walmart and he crouched on the floor complaining that his stomach was hurting, not crying,but just whining a little. I figured he need to have a bowel movement so I just brought him straight home. When we got home he said he did not have to use the toilet and he went and lay down on the bed for about 30 mins and after that he seemed fine. He got up at started playing. Well, the abdominal pain showed up again tonight. He was sound asleep and sat straight up in bed cry and saying his belly hurt. I tried to pick him up and he said it hurt more. After a few minutes I was able to get him up, because he said he had to pee. After he peed he said it didn't hurt anymore. Do you think these two events could be connected or are the just coincidence? Is it normal for a 3 1/2 year old boy to have abdominal pains like this. And also to note, he has been having regular bowel movements everyday. Help

lamom2aj

Asked by lamom2aj at 12:40 AM on Oct. 15, 2010 in Kids' Health

• Maybe a urinary tract infection? Take him to the pediatrician.
    AdrianaS

Answer by AdrianaS at 12:43 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I also wonder if it could be bladder related, but he is saying tummy because that is what it feels like?
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 8:49 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• i think a month apart could be coincidence. If he continues to complain about it I'd take him to the pedi
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 11:41 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• gl
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 8:22 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I agree with Ashlynnsmommy...a month apart sounds like coincidence. Good luck!
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 7:03 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• It could just be a coincidence, if he keeps complaining take him to a ped. It could be some kind of bowl inflamation or maybe even a bladder problem
    joscelyne

Answer by joscelyne at 1:14 AM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Ask your doctor. Maybe a UTI?
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 11:43 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• most likely a urinary or bladder infection.
    sweet29mom

Answer by sweet29mom at 4:20 PM on Nov. 17, 2010