Taking two year old to my appointment-help?

I have a dental appointment on Monday (a cleaning and x-rays), and I can not find a babysitter for my 2 year old. Any ideas on how to keep her occupied during my appointment? I know it's not ideal to have a toddler with me in the dental office, but I have no choice. Thank you.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:44 AM on Oct. 15, 2010 in General Parenting

• Also bribe her. Tell her that she gets xyz treat or time at the park if she is super good. I love bribes.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 9:36 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• DD has been at each of my dental appointments (she's 4-1/2). Thankfully the staff just loves her and she just goes off with them while I sit in the chair. If that wasn't the case though, I'd just take whatever she is interested in. If she likes to color, then coloring books; if she likes to watch movies, then a portable DVD player; etc. Good luck!!
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 12:48 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I would call and ask if it's okay to bring her. When my daughter was a baby (in a carrier sleeping) I took her to a dentist appointment with me and they let me stay but they asked if I would not bring her anymore. Whenever I have to my daughter to a doctor's appointment I give her a box of raisins and a book, that usually keeps her occupied.

lilysmom2607

Answer by lilysmom2607 at 8:44 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Call first then find a busy activity that you know your child will like.
    mmmegan38

• Thank you ladies! :-)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:29 PM on Oct. 16, 2010