Is anyone expecting and extremely phlegmy???

I am 24 weeks pregnant and the back of my throat is constantly phlegmy. It almost feels like after you drink a glass of milk. I just don't know if it's pregnancy related and is there anything I can do for it?? It's driving me nuts! Thanks for any advice!

randibosin

Asked by randibosin at 12:48 AM on Oct. 15, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Im currently 37 weeks and my question to you is, are you experiencing any heartburn? What causes the phlgym(however you spell it) lol. you develop a type of acid reflux while pregnant (some women do) which causes the heartburn sensations. (yuck i know) and the acid reflux is bascially when stomach contents leak back into the esophagus causes the heartburn and mucus.. yuck! and i had acid reflux even before i got pregnant and it just got worse. however I would say the best thing Ive ever taken was prilosec OTC u can buy it in any stores. and also zantac 150 cool mint is the BEST for heartburn! :) and safe. hope i hlped
    Armywifelovely

Answer by Armywifelovely at 5:17 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• its common to get more mucus during pregnancy and extra saliva and extra discharge and what else do you not get extra of when your pregnant???? alot of women get so much in their nose, that their noses swell up. iv got the heartburn problem, it burns the throat right of me, it so bad, it chokes me up and i have the extra saliva, so i now drool when i sleep now, its not so nice waking up to it on ur face or hand, if u slept on ur hand. the joys of being pregnant :)
    otoole

Answer by otoole at 12:53 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Thanks for the responses ladies. Yes I do have heartburn (I have it bad enough when im not pregnant) ;) anyways, I take rantadine 2 times a day for it. Plus lots of tums. Im just glad to know that its normal and not just me. Guess its just going to be one of those things that will go away AFTER I hsve the baby ;)
    randibosin

Comment by randibosin (original poster) at 9:24 PM on Oct. 15, 2010