What do you evaluate when considering whether to have another baby?

I mean, obviously "can we afford another baby, do we want another baby...."

My first is 13 months and I've started feeling the urge for another one. We could afford it. I'm a little intimidated by more sleepless nights and two to take care of, but that's just life. The big thing for me is, I really want to get out of this town. DH is ready to move on, too, but we really don't know where or what. Or when. It could be next year or in three years. Having more kids makes moving and changing our lives more difficult, but at the same time, it's not impending and I don't want to wait forever. I want our marriage to be stronger, too, but we are working on that, and we're growing.

The clincher is, DH is going to be 42 soon, and I really don't want to wait too long to have more!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:48 AM on Oct. 15, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• If you wait until the RIGHT time to have another baby, it'll already be too late. I think it's something you and your husband need to discuss, and think about it long and hard. If you guys are thinking about moving and think having a baby will make it more stressful and difficult, then wait another year or so. My daughter is two and I've had baby fever since she was about a year old. But we just moved to a different state in January and we are planning on TTC baby #2 in 2013, after we have our vow renewal and finally go on our honeymoon. By that time our house will be remodeled and there will be more space. Enough room for another baby and enough money to afford it. And I will have lost all of my baby weight from my first pregnancy. :) Good luck.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 10:58 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I'm not sure if there ever is a right time for a baby. I mean, how your life is RIGHT NOW might be totally different from how your life will be in 5 years, 10 years, 15 years............ Will you ever have the rest of your life perfect enough to have a baby?

Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 12:52 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• what I meant to say is, if you want another baby then do it!
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 12:53 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Yeah our biggest consideration was if we wanted another.(aside from the obvious like you said) To be quite honest two is pretty easy. Its not half as hard as I imagined. I didn't really have a lot of sleepless nights. and the kids are great together. They are on the same schedule, play together eat together. Everything is them, together. Oh I also wanted to say the age of the man isn't really important. His sperm wont stop producing, its your eggs that will. Hope that helps you think. GL
    Amelia512

Answer by Amelia512 at 12:58 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• 1) My overall health. My first pregnancy (twins) was very hard on me, nearly resulting in my death due to complication from pre eclampsia.
    2) Could we afford another right now (that would be a big hell no LOL)
    3) Living quarters. Do we have room for another child?
    4) Long term costs...cars, health insurance, over all cost of living, college, school supplies...
    5) Are we ready for another, or do we really want another?
    6) How will it affect our two children we currently have,
    katzmeow726

Answer by katzmeow726 at 1:01 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I think about money 1st then space (in the car and house) then I think well if its twins can we take it? Then I think about time and sleepless nights. I am now done having kids! I have a 4 year old 18.5 month old an 2 month old. I didnt plan for my 1st and 2nd to be so far apart or my 2nd and 3rd to be so close but thats what God gave me :)
    Lacrisha

Answer by Lacrisha at 1:34 AM on Oct. 15, 2010