Thank you CafeMom for remembering, "Pregnancy & Infant Loss Remembrance Day."

Will you help me honor my angels and yours and post something here? My thoughts are....

There is no greater pain than losing a child. Miscarriage is not just "a pregnancy," it is a child that is lost just like any other. At 6 weeks of pregnancy, a baby's heart beats at about 100 to 140 beats per minute and may be able to be seen on ultrasound. Did you know that babies would actually be able to display reflexes in response to touch even at 6 weeks? I experienced my two losses in 2007, one at 11 1/2 wks and one at 6 wks.
Today I honor my friends and family who were there for me, but much more I am honoring God who restored and brought them back home to me!!! It's no coincidence that my Devin was born in December, the month of one loss and my Ellissa was born in the spring at the time of my first loss. In life there is loss and pain, but God restores and heals! I also honor friends and family who have experienced a loss!!♥

carol2m2

Asked by carol2m2 at 12:55 AM on Oct. 15, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• To my daughters that i love miss and hold dear i held you in my arms and you left this world...Till the day we are together again you girls are my angels and the guardians of our family...We love you both so much...The pain of a child lost is hard at any point in life...and i am thankful that we have this day to honor are children...not a day goes by that i do not think of you 2 and my heart hurts for not having you here with me...but like i said one day we all will be reunited...and nothing and nobody can break us apart...

praying

iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 12:59 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• sadya'll are making me cry.  i am sooo sorry you guys have gone thru that, i can't even begin to imagine. 

alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 1:08 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Thank you for posting this! I am very sorry for your loss! I too had a miscarriage just last friday and oddly enough today is pregnancy and infant loss remembrance day! I am sorry that anyone has to go through this and that anyone has to be a part of this day!
    anglebaby10810

Answer by anglebaby10810 at 1:19 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I lost my baby at 9 weeks (pregnancy) That was the most awful thing I had been through till my sister (we are twins) a year later got pregnant and had her baby at 23 weeks (pregnant) The baby girl lived for 2 months exactly and then passed away... she was our life for those 2 months the doctors were all positive about how she was doing, then one night after a surgery it took a turn for the worst and she just couldn't fight anymore.. Not a day goes by I don't think of those 2 babies, what kind of people they would be, what they look like, how complete our life would be with them here! I have 2 beautiful babies know that I thank god for every day but can't help but ask why on earth couldn't our other babies be here with us also! No person should EVER have to go through the very awful pain of losing a child!
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 8:49 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• We lost our son almost 5 years ago, at 29 weeks gestation. We've also had a miscarriage in December 2008. I'm thankful to Cafemom for remembering our babies. A lot of times people get uncomfortable when I talk about my angels but they're part of my family and always will be.
    lovepotato

Answer by lovepotato at 10:04 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• simple frownI had a "chemical pregnancy" a couple years ago... It wasn't a miscarriage, but it doesn't hurt any less.

mom2maddie06

Answer by mom2maddie06 at 1:23 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I miscarried my first baby at 11 weeks...... Still think to this day what he/she would have been like. They would have been 4 1/2.....
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 1:46 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Thank You carol2m2! I don't really talk about it much, because it wasn't a miscarriage, so I'm never sure how people will react.. I appreciate you including me in your prayers!
    mom2maddie06

Answer by mom2maddie06 at 1:57 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• sorry for everyone loss. :(
    sweetyazfl

Answer by sweetyazfl at 8:18 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• P.S. I'm thinking about ALL of you today!!
    mom2maddie06

Answer by mom2maddie06 at 2:00 PM on Oct. 15, 2010