Is it ok for a married man or women to have a single oppisite sex friend?

from personal experience i don't think so. Some kind of attraction is formed from either one or both parties and problems always get started. DH had to stop talking to a single female friend because she was cause problems between us and almost split us up.

linseyfrayer

Asked by linseyfrayer at 1:47 AM on Oct. 15, 2010 in Relationships

• If there are shenanigans, then I'd have a problem. People are married meaning they only mess around with their spouse; not the single friend. Both the single friend and that spouse should know better.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 9:48 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• anon you feel the way u do b/c u married a bad guy.. not all guys are like that..
    Kittty_Katt

Answer by Kittty_Katt at 6:05 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I have plenty of male friends. & Vice Versa. & Nothing like that has ever happened. I think it depends on the people in the relationship and the type of company you keep. Having friends is harmless as long as you guys are seriously commited to each other then I dont believe just because you have a friend of the opposite sex that an attraction is formed. Like I said, I have alot of male friends, and Im not attracted to any of them in that way.
    xxMasonsMommaxx

Answer by xxMasonsMommaxx at 2:13 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• to an extent i agree with what you say.i have a few male friends, but every female friend my DH has or had caused a problem between us at one point in time. and the same situation with my brother and his wife on it was her not him
    linseyfrayer

Comment by linseyfrayer (original poster) at 2:15 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• In my opinion its not okay to have a friend of the opposite sex I'm sorry. It's not helathy for the marriage at all. I am going through this right now with dh and it has ripped me apart because he asked her to go with him on his business trip. Platonic? I think not.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:36 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• His friend said she slept with him when he went to see his parents alone in TN when i was 7months pregnant so i don't like it either. It doesn't bother me as much if they are married but single nope outta the question!
    linseyfrayer

Comment by linseyfrayer (original poster) at 2:41 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• yeah its normal..
    Kittty_Katt

Answer by Kittty_Katt at 6:04 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• the question just wasn't just about husbands its about wives to...
    linseyfrayer

Comment by linseyfrayer (original poster) at 7:50 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I think you should but then I'm 63.
    depressedmom65

Answer by depressedmom65 at 9:12 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I don't see any problems. My husband and I both have single friends of the opposite sex.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 9:47 AM on Oct. 15, 2010