Is it worth staying at Disneyland resort in California?

I am planning our first family vacation and we have chosen Disneyland in California. We have two children ages 5 and 3 and believe it would be the most appropriate place to visit but we wonder if Disney resort is woth paying the extra bucks. any advice?

alejandra559

Asked by alejandra559 at 1:48 AM on Oct. 15, 2010 in Travel

• Actually alejandra559, you can go to Disneyland.com and get all the information about prices, even what type of menus they offer. Staying in the resort can be a lot of fun. They like to spoil you there. Plus, you take a tram right into the park. No car or wait in line. Everything is paid up front. Fun things depends on the age. They have areas just for little people, where you ride Dumbo or in a big cup. They have shows and rides for older kids/ adults too. They have hands on stuff in Tomorrow land, they have fun places in Frontier land too. Like riding on a ship or climbing a tree house. There's also a boat ride that takes you into the wild jungles that's a lot of fun! How much money you spend is up to you. If you contact a Travel agent, they may get you a package deal where some of your meals are included. Also check with the resort, they too may have something. Also ck Chamber of Commerce for visitor packet! Have fun!!!
    Prayerpartner

Answer by Prayerpartner at 4:26 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• No it is to pricey. I Stay at the sheraton close to disneyland and they provide a ride over and back every 15 or 30 minutes throughout the day. It is a nice hotel and a lot cheaper. Check the website and sometimes if you prepay it can be 25% less. You can also join there free rewards club for staying at the sheraton hotels and it adds up so fast. You can also buy the tickets there at the hotel so you dont have to wait in the line at disneyland. We stay there every year when we go.
    2hurt

Answer by 2hurt at 1:51 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• 2hurt-- When you traveled to disneyland, did you take little ones? do you have any suggestions on must see and must do activities? and how must money would you recomend that i save for personal spending on meals and nick-naks inside the park? I apologize if i am asking too many questions but i am very intersted. thanks.
    alejandra559

Comment by alejandra559 (original poster) at 1:57 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Definitely check out the Disney website. They have all sorts of deals and discounts for prepaying, including the tickets.

We didn't stay at the resort but at a "neighborhood hotel" right across from the main gate. It was less expensive and but a little more of a walk. I actually had a tab open on my computer for disney, expedia, the hotel sites, and google maps to see where everything was and to see if the deal I was getting was really a deal. It was.

My kids were 4, 9, & 11. They had a blast. We had the 3 day park hopper pass and by the middle of the 3rd day we were all ready to drop.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 10:12 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I don't think so.
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 1:25 AM on Oct. 16, 2010