I have a question..please help

I have a son that is 2 and he is my first but i'm worried abt him because its been 3 days that he's been coughing alot..every time he lays down to go to bed he is asleep but coughing and he sounds that he is choking....sometimes he wakes up crying cuz he cant get some sleep....what medication can I give him?

Espinosa

Asked by Espinosa at 1:57 AM on Oct. 15, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• have you tried a humidifier, incline sleeper (under mattress), warm steam bath before bed and/or a little vapor-rub on the neck and throat at bedtime? my daughter often has a cough at bedtime and right when she wakes up, and those are the things her ped recommends. for anything stronger than that, don't look to the internet, ask the pediatrician directly.
    mellypoo

Answer by mellypoo at 2:09 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• He needs to see the DOC...SOON! Unexplained coughing isn't good! You could turn on a humidifier until you can get him to the DOC!
    Lb128f

Answer by Lb128f at 2:10 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Play it safe and have a Dr checkup. Good luck
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:47 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I agree he needs to be seen. It could be something like asthma, could be a cold. Is he congested? Try the humidifier until you can get in to see the doc, but the doc is the place to go. Good luck!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:52 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• id try a humidifier. and talk to your doctor.. it could be something bad., have him lay on your shoulder at night instead of him in his own bed.. it helps them sleep. and breath while sleeping
    Mrs.Ro

Answer by Mrs.Ro at 3:18 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I put my toddler in the bathroom near (not in) the shower, turn on the water as hot as it goes, and let her breathe in the steam. It always helps her when she has a cough, so does vicks on the throat and feet.
    soflashelley

Answer by soflashelley at 11:35 PM on Oct. 15, 2010