I want to go to Singapore to visit my friends over winter break I have been planning this for a long time, that means I will be gone over Christmas and won't be able to be with my family(my mom, dad, brothers, and sisters) is this okay or should I give up my trip to spend Christmas with them?

Emilee297

Asked by Emilee297 at 2:22 AM on Oct. 15, 2010 in Holidays

• Have an early, or late, Christmas with your family. If this is a trip of a lifetime do not give it up. You family surely realizes what this means to you and wants you to enjoy it. That can be their Chritmas gift to you!! You have spent many holidays with family and will spend many more with them again. I hope you go and have a fabulous time!! (and if you have a late Christmas with family you could get their gifts over there and make them really different this year)
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:33 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I personally think Christmas should be spent with family.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 8:11 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• GO on your trip! If your family dosnt understand ONE holiday missed, after you've spent every other one with them, then your family is being VERY selfish!
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:52 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• its up to you, as others have said,celebrate it still just not on the day
    san78

Answer by san78 at 1:46 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I would say thats kind of a big trip to cancel. You don't HAVE to celebrate Christmas on Christmas day. Thats not even Jesus's real birthday anyways, so it won't hurt to celebrate some other time.
    BigfordBrat

Answer by BigfordBrat at 2:45 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• You only live once ! I have a very understanding family and we've had nontraditional holidays in the past. Hopefully yours will be equally understanding. Have fun !!
    parrishsky

Answer by parrishsky at 2:59 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• DO NOT GIVE UP YOUR TRIP....you can celebrate early or after you get back and I'm sure your family would not want you to cancel, I think you will regret it if you do.
    Queenofscrap

Answer by Queenofscrap at 5:50 PM on Oct. 15, 2010