What do you remember most about your first date with DH/SO?

He kept playfully nudging me during the movie and we were the only 2 in the theater so it didn't matter if we made noise of goofed around. then after that we went to the beach and sat watched shooting stars and for every shooting star he saw he gave me a kiss. We counted alot of stars that night!

linseyfrayer

Asked by linseyfrayer at 2:26 AM on Oct. 15, 2010 in Relationships

• He was very shy, very polite, that's why I agreed to go out with him in the fist place. He took me to see The Green Mile at the movies, I remember both of us being very shy about it. At some point during the movie, we found each other's hands, and we held hands for the rest of the movie. Neither one of us went into the date looking for anything serious. We were both mainly looking for friends, but after that night, I think we both knew we had found "the one." We dated for 4 1/2 years before getting married. We've been married for 6 years now.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 9:43 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• That's sweet!!

I remember that
    1. He kissed me. He claims I kissed him. LOL!
    2. He almost ran a red light. :-S

mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 2:45 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• HAHAHA thats true mine claims i kissed him first too.
    when he kept asking for a kiss..
    lOViNMOM2211

Answer by lOViNMOM2211 at 3:14 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• We never had a first "date".  In fact we never dated.  We were friends from work, he came over one night and we sat up all night just talking.  The next night he drove me home from work and we ordered a pizza (we were both exhausted by then and could barely keep our eyes open).  At some point during the movie we were watching he proposed to me. 

We went from being friends to being engaged overnight.  That was June 1999.  We've been together 11 years and married for 10 1/2.  That first night, though, was a riot.  All we did was talk and it was all nonsense.  I think we dozed off and on and I got about an hour of sleep total and had to be to work at 11am.  I fell asleep in the break room waiting for him to clock out that night.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 4:17 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• we were friends and met at a concert i consider that a important day but we dont date per say we like staying at home
    Kittty_Katt

Answer by Kittty_Katt at 5:41 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• On our first date he opened up to me about his life. And we talked for a long time. He danced with me and that dance was very romantic and the way he touched me during the dance was like I was a fragile princess. It was sweet.
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 7:23 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• It was soo easy to be around him. To talk to him. And we eventually just forgot it was a first date, because it felt like we'd known one another forever. We kissed that night and it definately felt like "Yep this is it". I think we both knew that night we were "The one".
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 8:11 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I was 15 and he was in the grade above. We met at a Sat. night firehouse dance. He was so shy. checked each other out at school the following week, met each Sat. night at the dance until he got his license, then he would drive out into the country to pick me up. We married as soon as I graduated high school. Ah, foolish love.
    depressedmom65

Answer by depressedmom65 at 9:10 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Technically, it was before we got together. We were in Dubai with some friends from our ship and we went to see Lord of the Rings. I don't remember if it was Two Towers or Return of the King; we saw it in December 2003. Interesting by itself, considering there were subtitles at the bottom of the screen! We didn't get to sit together and we were both steaming mad about it, but didn't tell each other about it. Our first actual date didn't happen until February the following year when we were in Hawai'i. We got a hotel room for the next couple of nights and had a great time. We went to Denny's across the street from the hotel and went to a Chinese restaurant. The poor guy got orange chicken and ended up with food poisoning. =(
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 9:43 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• He took me to eat at Smokey Bones and then to the movies. We watched Prom Night and it was a terrible movie. We had lots of fun anyways and we kissed a lot. I hated his driving and told him. Oh and I made him eat popcorn with cheese and I drop a lot of cheese on my pink shirt. lol
    sweetyazfl

Answer by sweetyazfl at 10:24 AM on Oct. 15, 2010