Do you ever feel hopeless

Do you ever feel hopeless? This year has taken its toll on me, I'm feeling lost & depressed. I just don't know what to do

MOMofTwo_99_00

Asked by MOMofTwo_99_00 at 3:10 AM on Oct. 15, 2010 in Health

• I have felt that way as well. I felt like I could not get out of my own head and just getting out of bed in the morning was tourcher. Then my DD got really sick and ended in the Pedi ICU fighting for her life. That experience, which we are still going through, had changed me totally. It focused me and made me realize I was the only one who get myself out of the funk.

Keep you head up, know that you are strong and not alone.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 7:20 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Yes, I have felt that a lot since 2009 when my mother died, we both lost our jobs, and other close relatives died. Felt like I was getting pushed to the ground over and over again. I sat for hours just feeling sad and hopeless. I did have to get myself a job so that was the first thing that started to help. I have met some very kind and caring people through that. I also joined a grieving group here and at another website. Had some very nice chats with some kind people who were experiencing similar feelings. I also came to realize that as sad as I was there are others who have had much worse sadness in their lives. So then I think of the good things in my life. I can list several.

I have a long way to go, but I do feel better. I am presently looking for volunteer work so I can give to others. It can be very rewarding and lift your spirits. You might want to try some of these things. I wish you all the best.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:24 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I find myself feeling that way because of the hand I was dealt in life. I had neglectful parents and I missed out on a lot of opportunities growing up and it's left me feeling worthless. I was ony able to get a 6th grade education, but I did get my GED when I was 19, however, it doesn't help that I have many gaps in my education. I've had people judge me as if I haven't tried to better my circumstances, but a person can't judge unless they've gone through what you've been through. I used to feel sorry for myself that I never had the chance to learn how to drive, learn computer skills, and other things that many people are fortunate to experience, but there comes a point in life when you have to pick yourself up and dust yourself off.

I know that things will get better for you, just believe in yourself and be the best person you can be to your family and in life. I still stuggle with this, but I know it'll get better soon.
    browneyes27

Answer by browneyes27 at 8:29 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Nope
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:17 AM on Mar. 29, 2011