If you could turn back time, would you get married again or focus more on your career and social life?

It's not that I regret getting married. But I really miss my old social life and giving up my career for my kids. Having both was too hard for us. I cant help wonder what it would have been like had I decided differently...

fefe87

Asked by fefe87 at 3:16 AM on Oct. 15, 2010 in Just for Fun

• ha well i have thought about this several times and I have come to the conculsion that although i love my family and my husband i still think i would have waited focus on my career and lived my life to the fullest first. Then focused on the hubby and the kids..I have no regrets as you do but still it can be hard thinking about that what if and where you might be today..
    carterclan02

Answer by carterclan02 at 3:37 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I think that keeping it all is most important to a happy & fulfilled life. Its important to keep up with your social life, but family life can be so much fun at times.
    Trying2bME5729

Answer by Trying2bME5729 at 4:01 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• ya but i would still do some do-overs during the course of the marriage mostly in regards to the kids not knowing back then that they had such severe Autistic issues.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 4:08 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Well I never married but that's a hard one kindve. I mean realistically if I could turn back time and not have gone threw half the crap I went through with my kids father and broke up with him prior to us having kids I think it would have been more beneficial for me. So that I could have finished school by then. However I love my kids with all my heart, and knowing what beautiful kids I have and how lucky I am to have them, I would not want to not have them at this point if you know what I mean. I just wish there Dad didn't turn into be such an ass. I would have ran the other way if I knew he was going to cheat, lie, cheat, lie, all for about 7 years until I just couldn't take it anymore. Now since we have not been together for the last 3 years, I took him to court and he was court ordered to pay child support, but he refuses to pay, and is taking ME back to court so he can have it modified. Jerk! Ugh.
    sweetheart5703

Answer by sweetheart5703 at 4:47 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• In hindsight, I never would have married my first husband, but I definitely do not regret marrying my current, and forever, husband.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 5:22 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I would of had my life a bit longer 1st & if I could have gotten the same great kids that I have now I would want a do-over
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 6:29 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I have to say no. I love my children and my husband and while I did not stay with my career I have found many things to keep me busy. I started my own business, I started blogging, I have a great group of friends that I love to have lots of fun with. I think the key is to find balance and happiness in what you have. For me I thought I would go crazy the first 9 months, I didn't stay home until my 3rd child was born, and it was just me and the kids. That was very hard. Once I met other moms who stayed home, found play groups, and got some adult interaction I loved it. Now the thought of going to work is not something I want to do, even though my children are in school all day.
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 7:36 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I love my life now, but I definately should've waited a couple more years. Gotten done what I wanted to and then started the family.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 8:08 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I'd get married again. I can't imagine doing it any differently :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 8:54 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I'd do it all over again in a heartbeat!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:31 AM on Oct. 15, 2010