Laundry

How in the world do I keep up with the laundry for 4 ppl? it seems impossible!!! help

Trying2bME5729

Asked by Trying2bME5729 at 4:43 AM on Oct. 15, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I had 2 kids and of course us 2 adults at one time. I do not see how you can not keep up? I had a systom. Every one had their own laundry basket They put their laundery in their own basket and I washed their cloths once a week. I tought my kids not to throw their cloths in the basket if it was not dirty. Just because you wear a pair of pant or shirt, does not mean it is dirty.

Answer by louise2 at 5:51 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I do a few loads of laundry every day. As long as I don't skip a day, I am never behind =)
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 5:53 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• When I have a full load of something (darks, whites, etc.) I throw them in rather than wait until I have 10 loads of something. If that means a load a day, then I do a load a day. You'll find, too, that the loads seem to grow more during the colder months because clothing is heavier and creates a larger load with fewer things.
    TeensMom07

Answer by TeensMom07 at 6:27 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Yep, a load or two every day and everyone in the family helps out, since everyone in the family makes the laundry dirty.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 6:30 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I do it a load every other day. I don't worry about it piling up as long as they have a steady flow of clean ones coming in.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 7:49 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Get your kids (if they're old enough) and husband to do laundry as well.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 8:01 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I live in an apartment complex with a laundry room, and I totally feel your pain! It's such a pain in the neck, and having to pay $3/load (washer and dryer) can really make it pile up. DH and I just bought 2 huge 3-compartment laundry sorters. We're teaching the kids to sort their laundry when they take off their clothes, and whenever one gets full, time to make the trek to the laundry room.
    wenchmommy381

Answer by wenchmommy381 at 8:31 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I hav 5!! I try and do at least 1-2 loads a day. im always swamped with clothes thought. just dont let it stress you out. do more on the weekend when you have some free time.
    jbond83

Answer by jbond83 at 8:36 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I know what you mean!! There are 5 of us in my house and if I fall behind I suddenly have a pile the size of the Alps sitting by the washer! (It gets especially bad during the spring/fall clothes transitions). What I do is I have my kids take the dirty laundry down (daily or every other day- depending on how fast the hamper fills up) and then I sort the dirty into piles on my laundry table and clothes sorter. I try to do about 2-3 loads a day, and sometimes I ask my hubs to toss in a load or 2 at night.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 9:21 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Family of 5 here. I do laundry once per week. I have several baskets so the clothes are sorted and ready to go. Kids are trained to sort their laundry. I have a front loader, so I can wash larger loads.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 10:33 AM on Oct. 15, 2010