Early labor at 35 weeks....

Hi,
I am in early labor and have been for about 3 days now. I am 35 weeks and when I went to L&D the other day the docs took a look at the baby and said she is perfectly healthy and it wouldn't hurt her at all if she came now so they aren't going to try and stop it....so thats good news, but I am miserable and hurting! I go to my midwife in afew hours, do you think if I ask her to strip my membranes that she would be willing? Thank you for your help!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:59 AM on Oct. 15, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Possible, I think it doesn't hurt to ask her. She will tell you what is best and Good Luck with everything!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 7:09 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• You could ask, did the doctors perform a test to see if your daughters lungs were ok? Hopefully your labor stops for you instead so that you can at least have her at full term.
    cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 10:05 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• 35 weeks is awfully early. My midwife would have suggested to have labor stopped until 37 weeks. Not only is there a risk of the EDD being off by 2 weeks (in either direction though), but you also have risk of lung immaturity regardless because all babies are different. Could you just be dealing with prodromal labor patterns? I have been for the past several weeks. Best wishes to you.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 11:35 AM on Oct. 15, 2010