Cleaning Dishwasher?

The inside of my dishwasher looks disgusting! Is there a way to clean it without having to get in there and scrub it by hand?

AllAboutKeeley

Asked by AllAboutKeeley at 7:33 AM on Oct. 15, 2010 in Home & Garden

• dishwasher cleaner is the only thing that gets off the hard water/lime stains. I've even run it with my plates in it to super clean them. (I then wash them again...)
    MeggieSwan

Answer by MeggieSwan at 6:28 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Vinegar works well, baking soda also works good. Bout a cup of it. But don't put the vinegar and baking soda together. It would be a bad junior high science project!
    donnareedonLSD

Answer by donnareedonLSD at 3:22 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• every couple of months I run my dish washer empty with some bleach in it making sure to do the extra rinse. Some you still have to scrub.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:47 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Put a cup of vinegar in the wash cycle. But you still might have to get in and clean by hand. To get under the seal you have to do by hand and you should do this about every three or four months to avoid unhealthy buildup.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 7:49 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• i'd squirt some comet on the sides and then let it run. comet does wonders!!!!
    jbond83

Answer by jbond83 at 8:28 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I've used vinegar, the dishwasher cleaner that they sell in the store and packets of lemon/lime koolaid.....they all seem to work okay in a pinch, to me the dishwasher cleaner they sell in the store works the best though.
    kksmomma1019

Answer by kksmomma1019 at 8:54 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Walmart has this cool lemon dishwasher cleaner that works great-it's a little pricey, but worth it and it will last a while as you're not having to use it everyday, but my glassware comes out crystal clear after using it.
    Queenofscrap

Answer by Queenofscrap at 10:54 PM on Oct. 15, 2010