Should Michele O be campaigning for her husband at the polls?

Unreal .

A top Ilinois State Board of Elections official tells the DRUDGE REPORT that Mrs. Obama -- a Harvard-educated lawyer -- may have simply been ignorant of the law and thus violated it unintentionally.

and of course Gibbs just blew it off

tnmomofive

Asked by tnmomofive at 7:50 AM on Oct. 15, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Well, considering she was a lawyer that doesn't really instill much confidence that many attorneys abide by the laws that they accuse others of breaking. That law is ignored and I am sure they will poopoo her breaking it too.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:10 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• ..... and they are probably right . LOL What is it they say? Ignorance is bliss? Seems to work for this administration
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 9:08 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• When they let the black panthers get away with breaking the law, I guess they will let the first lady off the hook too.

Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 2:43 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Of COURSE he did....when its them its all good...laws bedamned ;)
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 8:43 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Is ignorance of a law a valid defense now?
    SuperChicken

Answer by SuperChicken at 8:52 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Last I checked ignorance of the speed limit wasn't an excuse for speeding. So "book em Dano"
    sopranomommy

Answer by sopranomommy at 10:30 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I highly doubt that Mrs. Obama stopped this person and was actually campaigning. I would even go out on a limb and say that he probably stopped her... I don't see her wearing a button or holding a sign... I bet she was going to vote.

Mommy2Gabrielle

Answer by Mommy2Gabrielle at 9:08 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• tnmomofive

Comment by tnmomofive (original poster) at 7:50 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Illinois state law -- Sec. 17-29 (a) -- states: "No judge of election, pollwatcher, or other person shall, at any primary or election, do any electioneering or soliciting of votes or engage in any political discussion within any polling place [or] within 100 feet of any polling place."
    tnmomofive

Comment by tnmomofive (original poster) at 7:51 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Not at the polls. It's one thing for her to go out and campaign for her husband--I would expect that from any First Lady. But IF she was talking about how important it was to support her husband WHILE she was inside a polling place waiting to cast her vote, that COULD be interpreted as trying to "campaign"--and that is illegal.

If the First Lady in question had been Laura Bush, how different would the media coverage be?
    tinamatt

Answer by tinamatt at 1:08 PM on Oct. 15, 2010