How much sleep does your 4 year old get a day?

Do they still nap? I'm just wondering if any other 4 year olds out there who wake up before the sun and still doesn't want to nap.

Aingls

Asked by Aingls at 7:51 AM on Oct. 15, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• 3 years 10 months--two hour nap--a must for everyone's happiness.
    and ten to eleven hour night time. If you wake her up earlier than that, she will tell you she needs more sleep.
    She needs to wake up by herself -- We open the door, wait 5 minutes, turn on the light, she decides it is time to get up.
    This makes life very happy.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 7:55 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• My 4 1/2 yr old still needs her 2 hour naps and she gets 10 - 11 hours of sleep at night. We've tried holding off on her naps but she can't make it past 5 pm.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 8:02 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• My 4 yo niece who my mom and I are sharing care of needs 11 hours at night and a nap for 1-2 hours during the days. Yesterday she didn't take one, but played quietly and was grouchy and didn't listen well.
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:18 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• My 4 1/2 yo needs about 10 hours of sleep a night to function. She occasionally takes a nap.
    mommy2karsyn

Answer by mommy2karsyn at 9:28 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• My four year old gets about 11 hours a night, no naps. He hasn't napped since he was 2.
    jwaren

Answer by jwaren at 9:34 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• There are some 4 year old that still nap, but not as many as those who don't! The parents that I work with seem to have a difficult time when their child needs to give up the nap because they can't go to bed at a good time at night. That's always one of the worst periods until their body adjusts. You may need to change your routine and give them their bath when they get whiney. Water seems to work miracles and calms many whiney children! If that doesn't work for you and it's time to cook dinner. Put a stool in front of the sink, a towel on the door and take out plastic things that they can wash for you. A sink of sudsy water is fun and you're close by and able to cook dinner.
    AlisonAstair

Answer by AlisonAstair at 2:28 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• my 3 years and 9 month old girl sleeps 9-10 hours a night and takes 1-2 hour naps most days, but sometimes dosent and some of thouse times she is grumpy and cant make is past 6pm. so on a average she gets 12 hours sleep but can very to only 9 hours some days. there are thouse days she just dosent want to sleep. she will even tell me that she wants to stay up all night long. she eats everymeal when she gets 11-12 hours sleep. when she gets 9 hours she dosent eat that much. I always make sure she is takeing a vitamen for thous sleepy days when she dosent eat to much.
    Anna Bananerz W.

Answer by Anna Bananerz W. at 8:40 AM on Oct. 16, 2010

• My 4 1/2 yr old daughter gets about 10 to 11 hours a night and takes 1 hr a nap during the day. This seems to work and she wakes up smiles ...
    Yaenis

Answer by Yaenis at 12:56 PM on Oct. 16, 2010

• my DD will be 3 in dec, and she seldom naps anymore. She sleeps about 12 hours at night time though.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:24 PM on Oct. 16, 2010