How should I handle this?

At my DH's college, the student's were assigned lab partners and his partner is this little barely out of HS bimbo that flirts with all the men and is very attractive.

I trust my DH but he is a sucker for a pretty face that tosses her hair and bats her eyelashes at him.

I'm being a big girl and staying out of it and trusting my DH but its the girl I just don't like being around him at all.

add: he's very clueless about when someone is flirting vs. just being nice. I've had to point it out to him a few times. He'll be nice back and it does come across as flirting, even though I know he doesn't mean it to come across as such.

Zoeyis

Asked by Zoeyis at 7:56 AM on Oct. 15, 2010 in Relationships

• Trust in a marriage is a beautiful thing. This young lady does not owe you anything YOUR husband does. And he's not that oblivious to flirting as you may think...men know when women are putting on the charm and when we are being neutral....you have to feel comfortable and confident to know that your husband will respect his marriage and not allow any woman to come in between the two of you. And always remember that as long as your husband lives, he will encounter all different types of women, you cannot prevent this from happening but you can gain trust in your marriage...
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 11:52 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Just be cool about it. Its not like he picked her out. If she flirts with him and he has no clue, well then he has no clue and won't expect anything. That girl will just be disappointed.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 8:01 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• well all i can think is you said he was clueless to her flirting and you trust him... if it gets to bad make your self noticed, you dont have to be mean just let her no matter what your not moving over.... i would also let him know how you feel,
    kileighsmommie

Answer by kileighsmommie at 8:09 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• "It's the girl being around him that I don't trust"
    I understand that you see your husband as clueless to flirting and what-not .. But copping out and saying "It's the girl I don't trust" means your husband won't say "No" if it becomes obvious to him. You don't trust your husband otherwise this wouldn't be an issue for you. Even if he did flirt back it's just flirting.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 8:21 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Does this girl ever see you with your husband? You can also tell your husband to let her know that HIS WIFE doesn't appreciate the flirting she does with him. I'm not sure how much good this will do, but you'll feel proactive about the situation.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 9:22 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I'll see her talking a bit overly enthusiastic to him, laughing alot and being overly interested in everything he says and she's jusy waaay to into him for my tastes. He, on the other hand, is being conversational, will laugh with her at times, but is not flirting back with her. I don't even think he's sees her the same way I do. He said she's just very "peppy and has alot of energy and alot to say. A typical young lady".

I'm positive he'd never do anything disloyal to me, I just don''t like her apparent interest in him. Yeah he's a great looking hispanic man that looks like Ricky Martin, but have some self respect. See his ring? lol
    Zoeyis

Comment by Zoeyis (original poster) at 8:27 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Trust is the main issue for any marriage's survival. How would you feel if things were reversed?
    depressedmom65

Answer by depressedmom65 at 8:29 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• difference is I can tell when I'm being flirted with and would know not to react to it in a misleading way. I also know my DH trusts me. I guess what I'd do in that situation is talk about my family and DH alot to make it very clear in a nice way that I'm not available.
    Zoeyis

Comment by Zoeyis (original poster) at 8:33 AM on Oct. 15, 2010