Do you think that people are more rude today than say...20 years ago?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:32 PM on Jul. 3, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• YES!!!
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 1:36 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• YES!!!!!
    shamby83

Answer by shamby83 at 1:45 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• I think people are more fearful and skeptical today. They don't give as much eye contact, smiles or friendly behaviors and conversation. I don't think it necessarily represents rudeness. BUT...I think working people in the service industry are extraordinarily rude and have an intitlement mentality, in the Northeast (N.Y., N.J., Pa.) They rarely offer more than just what you need and it sometimes comes with a huff or a roll of the eyes. It's to the point that someone who gives good service makes it feel like spectacular. Same thing for some phone conversations I have to have with telemarketers.
    manna1qd

Answer by manna1qd at 2:01 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• People are EXTREMELY rude! I'm so thankful I have the opportunity to homeschool and teach my kids BETTER than that!
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 6:39 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• absolutley. if i had said no to an adult when i was my daughters age, my granny would have knocked me across the room. now kids think nothing of saying no dumbass to an adult. its a parenting thing i think. seeing as how my 4 year old holds my doors open, i do beleive it starts at home, with mom and dad.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 11:40 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• I am so sad to say this, but yes. For some reason good manners are out of style...
    jamaicanmehappy

Answer by jamaicanmehappy at 1:35 AM on Jul. 5, 2008

• Yes
    momofplayful1

Answer by momofplayful1 at 3:42 PM on Jul. 6, 2008

• Absolutely yes!!!!!!!!!!! I teach my kids to be polite. They have to say please and thank-you. NO EXCEPTIONS. And we do not tolerate talking back, being mean. If the only thing I do in my life is raise respectable human beings then I would be happy. because how your children act and treat people directly shows what kind of person you yourself are. It all starts at home!
    shanda2bz

Answer by shanda2bz at 7:37 AM on Jul. 7, 2008

• Depends. I was only 9 back then...still playing with barbies and reading books. I'd venture to guess no - people have been rude and mean to each other since the beginning of time. However, I do believe manners and common sense have perished...
    hjfern

Answer by hjfern at 8:19 AM on Jul. 11, 2008

• YES!
    shaye

Answer by shaye at 4:24 PM on Jul. 22, 2008