Pagan Moms - What are your favorite bedtime stories for your kids?

I printed out a bunch of stories last week to read to my daughter when we were done reading the Felicity (American Girl) books. I looked on the book shelf and saw one called Witch Child by Celia Rees. We started reading it two nights ago and even though my daughter still tries to play, she's listening to the story. I went to amazon and found it on there, as well as Sorceress. I'd love to pick that up, too and any other books Celia has written.

http://www.amazon.com/Witch-Child-Celia-Rees/dp/0763642282/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1287145113&sr=8-1
http://www.amazon.com/Sorceress-Celia-Rees/dp/0763642290/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1287145113&sr=8-2

_Tam_

Asked by _Tam_ at 8:21 AM on Oct. 15, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I prefer to read Myths to my kids. We bought them books of Greek, Norse & Christian myths, all written for kids, and we hope to get more. I am also a huge Shel Silverstein fan, so we read his stuff as well... And when I can sneak it past my DH (lol) I read them Poe as well...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:19 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Mine is still young, so we read the ABC Book of Shadows, the Story of Diwali, and Perrolute's Fairy Tales
    elizabooks

Answer by elizabooks at 9:04 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• "The Little Witch" by Otfried Preu├čler and Winnie Gebhardt-Gayler, "Thumbelina", and "Snow White and Rose Red" were my favorites. I am not actually a Pagan but I believe in magic rather than religion. My son still likes the typical children's books, but I am hoping he will get to liking books like my favorites.
    wenona_mandy

Answer by wenona_mandy at 11:20 AM on Oct. 15, 2010