IS IT OKAY TO MIX BABYFOOD WITH BABY FORMULA TO THICKIN IT UP N IF SO HOW MANY TEASPOON

JUST ASKING

tyquencia

Asked by tyquencia at 8:28 AM on Oct. 15, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I used to mix baby food with formula all the time. i can't remember exactly how much, I just added until I thought it looked right, Also make sure it isn't two thick or that your baby doesn't have trouble eating it.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 8:34 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• No. It's a aspiration/choking hazard. NEVER put it in a bottle. Babies can't digest grains any way and you can easily create a constipation issue or upset stomach. Cereal doesn't fatten babies, doesn't make them sleep better, and results in them taking in less calories overall. It is used for severe reflux babies only as very last resort.

Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 9:30 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I did it with my son .. He was hungry all the time and formula wasn't enough so I put about one teaspoon or so of rice cereal in his formula..Rice cereal is easier for them to digest..and my son was so happy ... made a big difference...Good Luck : ]
    Lexiloosnana

Answer by Lexiloosnana at 9:59 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• How old is your baby? Anything less than 6 months should not be given cereal. Cereal should NEVER be given in a bottle, only in a bowl. And it WILL NOT help your baby sleep!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:06 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• No. It is a choking hazard and can cause obesity. Cereal is to be fed to infants over 4 months olny and from a spoon only. Never put anything in a bottle but formula or BM.
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 1:08 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• It isn't really a good idea. Solids should be fed via spoon, or self fed, no sooner then 6 mos.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 1:53 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• i always used baby rice in the bottle snd i did i oz of the rice to 7 oz formula
    crystaldinae

Answer by crystaldinae at 7:11 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I don't know what age your talking about. And if you mean in a bottle, NO! If you mean baby food like jarred for a six + month old.. I mix my sons fruit and veggies with oatmeal, I have been doing this since he was seven months old for the purpose of extra iron. Also he would spit the baby food out because it was so thin. The oatmeal helps thicken it.
    Amelia512

Answer by Amelia512 at 1:30 AM on Oct. 16, 2010