Wondering

I went to my doctor for my 18 week appt. on Tuesday and he said my uterus is 2 fingers below my belly button. I cannot feel it unless my bladder is full and I'm thin. I'm also not showing, just look bloated. He said this is because my strong abdominal muscles are holding everything in. When will it pop out? Is is possible that it won't pop out? He said my uterus is measuring on track, so does that mean the baby is too?

MentorMel

Asked by MentorMel at 9:00 AM on Oct. 15, 2010 in Pregnancy

• that sounds about right, at 20 weeks your uterus should be right at the belly button, so 2 fingers below at 18 weeks makes perfect sense.

is this your first baby? you will probably show later if so. the more babies you have, the sooner you show.

i didn't show til i was 6 or 7 months pregnant with my first, and even when i was showing, i always looked 6 months pregnant my whole pregnancy. my first baby was small!

dont stress mama.. you will show soon and im sure the baby is growing right on track!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 9:03 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• If this is your first baby you will tend to show later on, and as far as your uterus measuring right now on track it wouldn't measure right if your baby wasn't growing. So your baby is fine, trust me you will eventually feel your uterus lol.
    cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 10:01 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• With my first pregnancy, I was wearing my regular bikini at 22 weeks and no one believed I was pregnant. You show easier and faster with subsequent pregnancies.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 11:28 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I wouldn't worry. with my 1st i was 93lbs before i got pregnant and I didn't pop until about 6 months (24 weeks).
    With my 2nd I popped around the same time. and with my 3rd probably around 20 weeks.
    JaLayah

Answer by JaLayah at 1:44 PM on Oct. 15, 2010