Did you know today is Pregnancy & Infant Loss Awareness Day ?

For all those that lost a baby.....
Just a quick reminder to everyone that October is also the National Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Month. October 15th is the official Day of Remembrance.

Heres a site dedicated to Pregnancy and Infant loss awareness and has resources for finding local support groups as well as lists the different walks and candle light vigils that will be held in most states throughout the month. There are also pages on how to cope with the grief and how to help a loved one through their grief.
http://www.october15th.com/activities_walks.htm

Heres another great site i love that offers many of the same things.

http://www.pregnancylossribbons.com/poemsquotes.htm

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 9:01 AM on Oct. 15, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Wow, I didn't know about this but I am glad that you brought this to my attention. I did see the candle in the Cafemom logo but I did not really read underneath it until you brought this to my attention.
    Thank you!
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 9:03 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Your very welcome. I think many women carry that kind of loss with them even though they may not talk about it .....I had a miscarriage in October 2000 then had my daughter in October 2001...and it is something I thought of as my daughter was delievered and at her Birthday parties and when I see two sisetrs...

sweet-a-kins

Comment by sweet-a-kins (original poster) at 9:06 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I only knew because it was a the top of my home page. I will be sure to let my mother know. she lost her baby boy born 4 months early in 1975. He lived for 2 days. I was their miracle baby. God Bless my brother. Mark Allen.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:10 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Yes I knew. Also everyone on my fb because I posted as my status. I'm sorry for everyone who lost a baby.
    sweetyazfl

Answer by sweetyazfl at 9:10 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Yes- I will be lighting a candle tonight to remember the baby I lost in 2001, and the many other babies lost before birth.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 9:10 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• This day is so many things in my house. It's the day I light a candle for the 2 babies I lost in 07, it's the day my husband lost one of his Sergeants in Iraq in 05 and the event that overshadows both of those: our oldest was born in 03! Thanks for sharing this info with everybody Sweet, so many don't know.
    BlueCollarMama

Answer by BlueCollarMama at 9:25 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Thank you sweet. I didn't know about this. I had 2 miscarriages and I don't think the sense of loss will ever go away. My sister's first child was stillborn. I think I'll give her a call right now.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 11:24 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I too had a miscarriage not long before I had my oldest daughter. So this strikes very close to my heart. :)
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 11:27 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I have never lost a baby, but I know many who have.
    tinamatt

Answer by tinamatt at 11:50 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Yes I knew it. Thank you for making others aware.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 11:55 AM on Oct. 15, 2010