Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The father of my child was paying me 544.00 in child support, he now is taking me back to get to get it lowered. Any ideas of how much it could be lowered I thought i made 28,000 and told them that in court he makes 44,000 , i actually make 31,033 what could my child support be lowered to? I'm not all about getting money from its just that since she has been born he has never helped take care of her.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 9:15 AM on Oct. 15, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

Answers (8)
  • Have no idea. They will request proof of both incomes and go from there. Gl.


    Answer by Christine0813 at 9:20 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

  • That is hard to say. Did you earn the same much when the first settlement was made? If so then it won't be lowered at all. Go on the net and look up what the government is now considering what it takes to raise a family of your size that should give you a general starting point. Also, if the children are not on covered on your insurance ask that they be put on his this will make up for, if any, loses. And whatever you do claim your children on YOUR TAXES. If he has to be force to take care of his children then he should not be rewarded for it.

    Answer by Cheveyo1 at 9:25 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

  • I'm willing to guess that they won't lower it at all. 3,000 is not that big of a difference. Unless he is making less himself. As long as they don't think you lied about anything. Just my guess though. Watched my stepdad go through something similar.

    Answer by Shanna84 at 9:32 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

  • My Child Support Order could not be amended. It was stipulated that it was to remain the same till the kids turned 18 and moved out or if they went to college full time, it would be in effect until they graduated. Check your order. Also, I really have never heard of them amending anyone's before.

    Answer by m-avi at 9:50 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

  • They lowered my child support from my ex when he quit his job. You can google child support calculator for you state and put in the amounts to see what the "recommended" amount will be, but a judge can pretty much do what they want.

    Answer by missanc at 10:33 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

  • Most states have a simple formula for child support. It has little or nothing to do with the custodial parent's income. The support amount is based on his income only. That is how it is done here in GA. Anyone who has an agreement otherwise In this state got It because of slick lawyers and idiot judges.

    Answer by ecodani at 2:08 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

  • all i know is that they can't take more than 18% of his gross

    Answer by crystaldinae at 7:08 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

  • There may be forms on your state's online child support page. Indiana has had the forms online for years. You should be able to get an idea from the forms. If he doesn't do visitation you may be able to get more, some states you can.


    Answer by Gailll at 7:16 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.