Im i wrong?

Ive been dating this guy for about 9months now, although i have knowen him for 20yrs. we have talked about having kids but yesterday he tells me that he would want a p test if we ever had a baby. This has really hurt my feelings and has changed my view on our relationship. he thinks that i shouldnt take it so personal, how can i not? Would this offend any one else or am i over reacting any advice would be great

maddysmom1111

Asked by maddysmom1111 at 9:24 AM on Oct. 15, 2010 in Relationships

• Actually it would. Now maybe it is because it sounds like he does not trust you or that the relationship is going to last.. That somewhere in his mind he feels you may cheat on him or he may lose interest in you but dear that is what we as women feel and you have every right to. Now maybe he doesn't mean it in that form but doesn't understand that is the way he is coming off. Ask him why would he doubt you and what good is relationship without trust.
    Cheveyo1

Answer by Cheveyo1 at 9:44 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• yes it would. seems to me he doesn't trust you.
    canta1980

Answer by canta1980 at 10:41 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• i would be a little offended yes. But also if he has been burned in the past I can see where he is coming from. Although I would talk to him about why he doesn't trust you and why he would insist on a paternity test. I wish you luck!
    QueenMomma2023

Answer by QueenMomma2023 at 11:13 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• In all honesty, he's being upfront and honest with you way before any thing happens and you cannot be upset with a man that is upfront about his feelings. We as women, look at it totally different than men look at paternity test. Men do it for security purposes, women look at it as if we can't be trusted. Now the ball is in your court...
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 11:43 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• yes I think you may be over-reacting even a bit but I would also have to say it would be offending too...it is a double edged sword...I agree with mom2mybabes...its all in how each sex looks at a situation....men=security, women=trust
    4_28_bbboy

Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 4:11 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Yep, I'd be offended.
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 11:26 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Hell ya I would be offended
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 2:58 AM on Oct. 16, 2010