• In the Spotlight:

Am I crazy for missing intimacy? adult content

With DH's illness, intimacy has not been a major factor for a very long time. I'm not just talking sex, but the intimacy part of it. Sure, I can try to pleasure myself, but that just doesn't cut it. I just miss the special moments and am afraid that I will never again have that with anyone after DH is gone. DH is all I've known for 26 years and it scares me! I just feel so starved for it and despite everything we're going through with his illness, I keep hoping that before he's gone, he's given one more "rally day" to allow us to have the intimacy we once shared prior to his illness. Am I being selfish for wanting that so bad?

TeensMom07

Asked by TeensMom07 at 9:29 AM on Oct. 15, 2010 in Relationships

• no your not selfish. you love him and that part of everything is what alot of people remember the best.
    ear92

Answer by ear92 at 10:34 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• no, its a normal part of grieving- you've lost something important to you
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 10:40 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• You might want to talk to him about it too - maybe he's also missing the intimacy. He might just want to cuddle up, but thinks you don't want to. Time to talk and see what you both really think, not just what the other thinks you are thinking !!
    JustMyOpinion22

Answer by JustMyOpinion22 at 6:40 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• No, you aren't selfish....you are just going through a tough time, you are losing your husband, and miss being close with him...you sound like a normal woman with normal needs.... (((hugs)))
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 11:25 PM on Oct. 15, 2010