What are the big bloody chunks that look like leaches that you get when you're on your period?

IS that normal, they come out mix with lots of blood.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:07 PM on Oct. 27, 2008 in Health

• theyre usually blood clots. i cant say if theyre normal or not, im sorry i dont know. but its a blood clot of some sort. i get them all the time, and im still alive so i assume theyre not bad lol
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 8:10 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• It's normal for me. Some months I see more than others. I always assume they are clots?
    Anonymous

• Blood clots, depending on the size my OBGYN says they can be normal. If they are super large then call your Doctor, because they could be something wrong.
    Anonymous

• These are blood clots. I couldn't answer why so here is more information for the both of us ; )

http://ezinearticles.com/?Menstrual-Blood-Clots---Should-You-Be-Worried&id=592346
    good2me

Answer by good2me at 8:13 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• They're just blood clots. They're gross and yucky and annoying, but totally normal =]
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 8:41 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• I would have thought that its the lining of the uterus that the body is flushing away because it was not being used in pregnancy or known as a period... Some experience more then others. If its really bad or painful talk to your OB and see what they say. But its normal as far as I know :)
    MaiasMommy619

Answer by MaiasMommy619 at 11:40 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• I've had heavy periods all my life and clotting, for me it's totally normal, but if you're really concerned (or if it's causing you pain) it can't hurt to ask your Dr. either.
    LisaAC

Answer by LisaAC at 7:53 AM on Oct. 28, 2008