Getting up for school

Has it been hard for your Preschooler to adjust getting up for school???

MsWood729

Asked by MsWood729 at 10:18 AM on Oct. 15, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• It took my son about a month to adjust. Now he has his own alarm clock and get up and gets dressed all by himself! :)
    jasesmommy0529

Answer by jasesmommy0529 at 10:19 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• My lil one is just spoiled, he is 4yrs old & i have to dress him while he is still asleep carry him to the car and carryy him to the cafeteria, once we get there he wakes up, gives me a kiss& walks off to sit at his table w/the rest of the classmates, i see the other parents just stare at me but i dnt care lol.
    gabby06

Answer by gabby06 at 10:25 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• my daughter didn't go to preschool, but she is in kindergarden and I really don't have problems with getting her up for school
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 10:27 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Preschool starts at 12:15 here :)
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 11:10 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Neither of my kids went to preschool, but when they started Kindergarten, like mommy5409 said, I didn't really have any problems with them getting up in the mornings. Now that they are older, however, is a totally different story!
    QueenMomma2023

Answer by QueenMomma2023 at 11:10 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Some children have a hard time adjusting to school after the summer, but now that daylight savings time is almost over, that's a brand new adjustment coming up for some children. The extra hour sounds good, but throws off bedtime. You can adjust the time in about 15 minute incements each day or two until you're at "regular time." Don't be surprised if they are "off" and whiney for a few days until their body adjusts.
    AlisonAstair

Answer by AlisonAstair at 2:25 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I try to make it fun to wake up. I start tickling her and singing. She loves going to school so that also helps! BUt she likes waking up with tickles and laughter. It makes it easier to get her dressed and ready faster. Also I make sure that she goes to bed no later than 8:30 at night that the only day she is allowed to watch a movie before bedtime are her "home days" fridays and saturdays since there is no school te next day. :O)
    Yaenis

Answer by Yaenis at 12:51 PM on Oct. 16, 2010