How much movement at 18 weeks

I have been feeling sporadic pokes and bubbles popping since 16 weeks. This is my first and I'm quite thin. Yesterday, I felt a lot of pokes and bubbles popping. How often should I feel this? Is it normal to go days without feeling anything?

MentorMel

Asked by MentorMel at 10:18 AM on Oct. 15, 2010 in Pregnancy

• i didn't feel any consistent movement until around 22 wks
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 10:23 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I would say that's the baby and normal.
    cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 10:30 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I felt a lot at that point with my current pregnancy (5th), but with my first, not until after 20 weeks.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 11:17 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Tthats normal. You will start to feel more frequent movement between 20-24 weeks.
    JaLayah

Answer by JaLayah at 1:41 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• at 18 weeks, you should be excited about the movements! however, for me, i could only feel him move around midnight and it was usually like every 3 days.. so i would go several without feeling anything. don't worry... once baby gets a little bigger you'll be missing the days where they gave you random flutters and not kicks in the rib ALLLLLL DAY LONG!! lol
    rachealbyrd

Answer by rachealbyrd at 1:42 AM on Oct. 17, 2010