Do you think this was done on purpose?

First off, my MIL does not like me! She did until I started dating her son 4 years ago, we have now been married for 3. I have known her my whole life! He daughter my SIL babysat me when I was 6 months old!

Anyways, my BIL's father (on the other side) passed away, I asked if she could come to my house and watch my kids and my sisters where we could attend the funeral, she said yes. I asked her to be here by 930, the funeral was at 10. Well 945 comes and I try calling, no answer, by 10 shes still has not called and didn't show up. All ready upset, I ask my neighbors if they could watch my kiddos for an hour, they do. I rush home after the funeral to find her at my house with my kids, she said she was sorry time got away from her!

What do you think!

jasesmommy0529

Asked by jasesmommy0529 at 10:43 AM on Oct. 15, 2010 in Relationships

• It's messed up that she didnt show up on time but maybe she really did lose track of time. Maybe you should buy her a watch to help her keep track of time:)
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 10:46 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I think you should cut that heartless cunt off from seeing the kids much less watching them EVER! Time got away? Knowing you were going to a family funeral? BS!!! She did it on purpose and should be repaid in kind!
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:46 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Oh and to top it all off this was the first time I have ever asked her to watch our kids! And she has always complained to my husband for not getting to see them! Well guess what, she DOESN'T and WILL NOT ever watch them again!
    jasesmommy0529

Comment by jasesmommy0529 (original poster) at 10:47 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I think if you feel she does not like you then in the future do not rely on her. It doesn't matter if she likes you or not don't allow nonsense to wind up causing a problem with your family down the line.
    Cheveyo1

Answer by Cheveyo1 at 10:48 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I would give her the benefit of a doubt. After all, she did show up, even if it was late. Thank God that you had an alternative until she got there.
    HelenCarlene

Answer by HelenCarlene at 10:49 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• It's shitty, it kind of sounds like she did it on purpose. Jealousy! Don't fuel the fire though. She probably knows you don't like her either. Just be as sacharine sweet as you can be and she will have no reason to say anything bad. And if she talks bad about you, then everyone will know she is the beotch!
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 10:55 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Without knowing the reason why she doesn't like you WE can only ASSUME why she didn't show up on time. With that being said, if you knew she didn't like you, why depend on her to watch the kids knowing you had to attend something that was important to you?
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 11:16 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• i think she was probably telling the truth but she probably didn't worry too much about keeping track of the time
    BigfordBrat

Answer by BigfordBrat at 11:18 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I understand that sometimes things happen, but why didn't she answer your calls when you tried to reach her?
    MeandMyBabes

Answer by MeandMyBabes at 12:32 PM on Oct. 15, 2010

• who knows when it comes to some people?
    I agree that I wouldn't depend on her to watch your kids again. But I would let her see them in other ways.

Maybe you can work it out- as for her not liking you, if she liked you until you started dating her son then I wouldn't take it personally.
    probably just a case of 'no one is good enough for my kids'

hand in there
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 1:48 PM on Oct. 15, 2010