When should I tell her teacher?

I was telling my daughter to spell words that weren't on her spelling list,I don't know how I came up with these words or where I saw them so my daughter has a test today and we had some short time to talk about the real words,like one day,she has a good memory but still I don't think it's fair she had one day to study.She's a good speller,so I'm debating, should I let her teacher know about this after the test or before it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:09 AM on Oct. 15, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• They work with the words all week in class. I have never once studied spelling words with my kids. They always get them right. Don't they do sentences, write them 3 x, etc..? She'll be fine.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:13 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I wouldn't worry about it. It's not likely to affect her future career as an astrophysicist. In future make sure she learns the words on the list too, and life will continue just fine.

SuperChicken

Answer by SuperChicken at 11:13 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Didn't the teacher send home the list on Monday?
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 11:16 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Im confused? You had her study the wrong words?
    Cara5

Answer by Cara5 at 11:21 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• And you don't know where you came up with a list of the wrong words? .....confusion
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 11:23 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Honestly, what would you expect the teacher to do? As a teacher I'd still make the child take MY test on the day assigned. Like others said, I am sure the words are gone over in class too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:25 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• She probably looked at the list for the wrong week or something.
    I wouldn't worry about it, if she fails the test you can explain to the teacher what happened, but like someone else said, it's not that big of a deal, one test isn't going to affect her overall grade. It really doesn't matter.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 11:29 AM on Oct. 15, 2010